Galactic Anarchy! Command Center
If you are a member of Galactic Anarchy!, please login or register below. If you aren't a member, what are you doing here, anyway? Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

If you are a member of Galactic Anarchy!, please login or register below. If you aren't a member, what are you doing here, anyway? Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to Anarchy!? Read on...

Go down

New to Anarchy!? Read on... Empty New to Anarchy!? Read on...

Post by Earth Republic Thu May 23, 2013 4:57 pm

Greetings, members of Anarchy! current and future!

So, you've seen members of Anarchy! around, maybe you've read our recruitment page, maybe you were approached by an Anarchy! member...well, however you were recruited, you're with Anarchy! now, so you should learn what it's all about.

Anarchy! is an alliance that has a semi-militaristic structure, but strives for peace before war. If everyone leaves us alone, we leave them alone and everyone's happy. If they attack us, an apology will be demanded. If none is received, a small attack will be launched against them. If no apology is given after that, we go into all-out war.

Our goal is to become the most powerful alliance in the game, plain and simple. Our aim is to become the big alliance that does not suppress the rights of smaller alliances to expand and claim space. We try to avoid encroaching on other alliance's territory if possible, with the exception of zone 0|0, which is kind of a free-for-all between all the different alliances.

We have a program in place (which I call the mentor system) that partners more mature (older) empires with newer ones. This is a symbiotic relationship, with the older member answering questions about the game and Anarchy!, as well as providing plans and resource support, while the newer member sends Space Stations (SS's) for the older player, as well as doing things that the older player cannot. For more information on this, mail me (Earth Republic) in-game, or send me a message here!

We also have a few pages of information about the alliance. We have an Anarchy! Laws page, which is our gold standard for conduct if you want to join Anarchy! This page can be found on this forum (see the topic "Rules and Regulations"), or on Google Drive here.

I am hoping that members will take it upon themselves to take on SS Lab assignments. How this works is, all members with SSL's at or below lvl 7 will build sets of the Parliament, Station Command Center, Warehouse, Interstellar Broadcast System, and the three influence buildings. These plans will be the base plans pushed to every SS when it first lands, and is an ideal project for smaller empires, as the plan build times are short enough to wait out.

While that is going on, members that have SSL's between lvls 8-14 will do the same thing with lvl 8-14 plans, sending a single set to a newly launched station, as well. Members with lvl 15-20 SSL's will make full sets of plans for their respective lvls, which will, again, be sent to new SS's. If we follow this plan, we will have an SS that can seize enormous amounts of territory, which will benefit the entire alliance.

Having stated our goal and top-priority plans, I believe that you probably have some questions as to what all this stuff we're talking about means for you, and why you should care what projects we're working on as an alliance. In the following few paragraphs, I will try to address the (as I see them) most important questions that new members will have.

Why should I even care about what goes on with Space Stations? Shouldn't the person who launched it take care of everything on it?

First, a brief explanation of SS's. How they work is, when something is built or upgraded on an SS, a proposal is placed in the Parliament, allowing members to vote yes or no on the upgrade/build. This is why the auto-vote script (very kindly operated by The Tower Smile) is EXTREMELY important, as it reduces the wait on upgrades or any other proposal from 3 days to 30 minutes or less.

The reason that you should care about them is very simple: SS's ability to exert control over entire star systems is the only way of gaining influence points, which are the basis for determining an alliance's ranking. Each star system controlled gives an alliance one influence point. However, the influence buildings on an SS (Interstellar Broadcast System, Art Museum, Opera House, and Culinary Institutes) give only one possible point per lvl. As an example, if I had an SS that had one of each of the influence buildings on it, all at lvl 5, I could control 20 systems.

To move up in rank, we need to get as many systems under our control as possible. To do that, we need to have very high lvl influence buildings. To get those, we need plans for those buildings, and to get those plans, we need everyone, from the newest member on up to the officer corps, working on getting them stored up for new SS's.

What do I do about all this mail that I get now? There's way to much for me to read it all!

Ahh, yes, the large amounts of Parliament mails that you get every time you log in. Upgrade this, this Passed, Rename this...it's easy to feel swamped. The simplest method is to go to the inbox, and on the little dropdown menu select the Parliament filter. This will set your inbox to show only mails relating to SS's. Once you do that, you can use the "Select All" and "Trash" functions to delete all of the SS spam faster.

Another option is to install a program (kindly put together and maintained by our friends in S.M.A.) called LacunaWaX. I highly advise that you install this program, as it will allow you to automate many functions of your empire, such as pushing glyphs between colonies, training your spies, and a relatively new addition that enables you to automatically delete all SS mail with one click. The GitHub source code is available here, and the Windows .exe file is available here.

Is there any reason to give my sitter to anyone other than for autovoting?

Actually, yes. I've installed a program that will allow me to coordinate fleets from the entire alliance. Think of it as the fleet code update on steroids. If I have your sitter, I can use it to launch thousands of ships at once, from multiple empires, all coordinated to land at the exact same time. The only other use for your sitter is in case we have another issue with a fissure on an alliance member's planet. I've played around with fissures on PT, and have a little experience with them Smile

*The remainder of this post is still under construction, please be patient Smile*

Licentia Aeternum!
Earth Republic
Earth Republic
Earth Republic
Admin
Admin

https://lacunaanarchy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum