Galactic Anarchy! Command Center
If you are a member of Galactic Anarchy!, please login or register below. If you aren't a member, what are you doing here, anyway? Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

If you are a member of Galactic Anarchy!, please login or register below. If you aren't a member, what are you doing here, anyway? Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First SS for Zarzamora

4 posters

Go down

First SS for Zarzamora Empty First SS for Zarzamora

Post by Zarzamora Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:54 am

I am considering launching my first SS hull from my empire capitol Thamber (zone-5,-5), as soon as I reach the required happiness and embassy level. I am estimating this should occur in a little more than a month, around the beginning of October. My main concern is being properly prepared to support such an enterprise.

To this this end I have been reading the relevant portions of the Wiki, as well as building a set of SS module plans. Any advice from our alliance members would be highly welcome.

A few questions I have been thinking about...

1) What level of resource production is necessary to support a new SS? Is there a rule of thumb to gauge if my supply planet can support the station? I have 2 other colonies in adjacent star systems as well to help supply it

2) How many supply chain ships do I need, and what type? (i.e., galleon, freighter, etc.)

3) How are the Parliamentary functions exercised? Will I need to make laws and propositions, and how can I take advantage of automatic voting.

4) Location. For my first station I think it would helpful for me stick to my home region in zone (-5,-5); my following stations will follow the alliance band strategy, if all goes well.

This should do for a start. Please feel free to chime in with any opinions on these questions, or any other issue you think I should thinking about regarding SS construction and support.

Many thanks,

Zarzamora

Zarzamora
Rapid Upgrader
Rapid Upgrader

Back to top Go down

First SS for Zarzamora Empty Re: First SS for Zarzamora

Post by Earth Republic Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:59 pm

Hey Zarz, congrats on your launch! It's a great feeling when you send your first SS hull on its way... (insert nostalgic moment here)

To answer your questions:
1-A new SS uses only a few hundred of everything an hour. If you can support it, I recommend sending an even 10k/hour of all resources there. That should hold you over for a few lvls (plus, I can definitely spare at least a couple tens of thousands for it).

2-The number of ships you need really depends on what types you can use, as well as any other supply chains you have going. If you have a lvl 30 SpacePort, you definitely want to use Hulk Huges. I don't know your exact SP lvl, but a regular Hulk isn't too shabby for chains, either. Basically, use the highest-capacity ships you can spare. Speed isn't really a factor unless you plan on pulling those ships off chain duty a lot.

3-You'll be able to do any actions on your SS that you want, so yes, laws and propositions will work, the same as if you passed them from someone else's SS. Also, I believe all of our SS's automatically have auto-vote initiated, so you'll be able to take advantage of it right away.

4-I looked at the following map: http://www.fireartist.com/tmp/map.png and the -5|-5 zone seems pretty empty, so you should have plenty of room to make a enclave of Anarchy! space there Smile  We can, of course, use as many SS's as possible for the band, but you're free to make others, as well. Also, (and this goes for anyone) if you need plans for your SS's, don't hesitate to ask the alliance! I currently only have one SS I'm upgrading, and I can provide lower-lvl plans for others if I use my secondary SS Labs.

Also, something you'll want to consider is defense. You are in a remote location, but you'll still want to have a few spies there on Counter Espionage, and some kind of ship-based defense. Of course, if it's going near your capital, it should be relatively easy for you to defend.

Well, I can't think of anything else to add to this post, so does someone else have any other suggestions? Something I forgot to address, or maybe a different way of going about one of the questions?

Licentia Aeternum! 
Earth Republic
Earth Republic
Earth Republic
Admin
Admin

https://lacunaanarchy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by newpyre Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:49 am

Hi Zarz,

ad 1) For a level 20 command and parliament with level 15 influence buildings 1,2M of each resource. (This is more or less the 'optimum'. Level 20 parliament is needed for members only colonization. An upgrade higher that 15 for influence buildings is costs more resources than starting a new station.)

ad 2) In the same system, a single maxed hulk fast will do easily. You need a level 25 space port for that. Keep in mind that distance is an issue. On a distance of 70 units I need 4 hulk and 2 hulk fast to provide 1,2M of each resource, where in the same system 1 hulk fast would have surplus capacity. It's no problem to provide a station in the same system with freighters only if it's in the same system. Then you only need a level 20 space port.

ad 3) Space stations are 'owned' by all members. Each action is subjected to voting. More than half of our alliance votes automatically. So everything is passed quickly. If this was not the case, every action would take 72 hours. (every action passes automatically after 72 hours if the quorum is not reached) Many actions are linked to the level of the parliament. For 'member only colonization' you need a level 20 parliament. For 'seize star' a level 7 parliament. These are the two most important actions on a space station. 

ad 4) It is a very good idea to launch a space station in every area you have colonies. Because if you don't and another player launches a station and starts to seize stars, there is the possibility that you cannot mine and excavate anymore after some time. This happened to me twice. Then you are forced out of the area or forced to start a war. After you have secured your territory, you can do more. But start there.

Kind regards,
Newpyre
newpyre
newpyre
Station Builder
Station Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarzamora Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:00 am

Thanks for the great replies. I now see I require quite a few upgrades; at the very least bringing my TM up to 25 and PSF up to 30.

Newpyre, you've brought up an important point I haven't considered. I have 4 colonies (including my capitol) in -5,-5; so I have a significant investment in that region. Right now I have no competition there. The same applies to zone -2,5 where I have 2 colonies. An important strategic consideration would be securing these two areas as soon as possible. (My other 4 colonies are in PSA controlled space, so I already have to tread lightly.)

A lot to think about!

sincerely, Zarz

Zarzamora
Rapid Upgrader
Rapid Upgrader

Back to top Go down

Post by zed ache Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:45 pm

I was actually  -5/-5. Do you mind if I join you down there?
zed ache
zed ache
Rapid Upgrader
Rapid Upgrader

Back to top Go down

Post by newpyre Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:03 pm

Hi,

We have a thread for that as well now:
https://lacunaanarchy.forumotion.com/f5-rof-sharing

Kind regards,
Newpyre
newpyre
newpyre
Station Builder
Station Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarzamora Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:26 pm

zed ache wrote:I was actually  -5/-5. Do you mind if I join you down there?
Zed,

That would be great.

My colonies in that zone are Thamber (-1404x : -1400y), Dar Sai (-1399x : -1403y), Methel (-1389x : -1397y), and Sarkovy (-1383x : -1411y).

sincerely,
Zarzamora

Zarzamora
Rapid Upgrader
Rapid Upgrader

Back to top Go down

Post by zed ache Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:27 am

I got a colony down there and launched a colony ship for another. I am going to throw up an SS down there but it will be a little ways from you. I am going to put it near -1250/-1250 and grab up the area where the 4 zones meet.
zed ache
zed ache
Rapid Upgrader
Rapid Upgrader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum